Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Music


Liam has been having more and more fun with music lately. He likes to join in on songs like "The Wheels on the Bus" (although we do it with animal sounds) and "Doe a Dear." He also likes to play his drum and often dances to music. Our Chinese friends have keyboards that have rhythms programed in and Liam gets so excited when those are turned on and the kids all dance together.

Today I have heard a couple of two word "sentences" from Liam like "toys in" and "toys away." When he started to say "away" I thought that he was saying "hurray!" I had never heard him say "away" before. But he kept saying it in a way that made me think he was trying to make me understand him. Then he said what really sounded like, "I mean, away."

Liam has been more vocal about what he doesn't want lately. When we try to give him food he doesn't want to eat, or have him stop playing and go get his diaper changed he tends to wave his arms and give a little rant in baby language. Sometimes I have to try not to laugh as he seems to be explaining very emphatically why what I want him to do is a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment