I feel both happy and sad about this. Nursing has been very hard on me physically. I wanted to nurse Liam longer, but he had started taking two hour "marathon nursing naps." I didn't get any rest to speak of during those times and was getting way too tired. Also, I've really been wanting to eat some chocolate, which I've been avoiding while nursing in case it kept Liam awake. And then there's my hormones, which I would like to get back to "normal."
But on the other hand, this seems like another step in the end of the "baby" stage for Liam. I don't think I can handle having another baby, so yesterday was probably the last time I will nurse - ever. I feel kind of sad about that.
I think Liam is adjusting to the change pretty well. I thought he would be very fussy when he woke up from his nap this afternoon, but he did pretty well. It helps that he's still really excited about the cars and "shovels" we got yesterday!
Liam is still sleeping in our bed with us. Well we try to get him to sleep in the crib and he's doing that more and more, but tends to scoot over into bed some of the time. I managed to get him to sleep this afternoon by going into the other room, which has a futon in it. Maybe he will start taking naps in there, which would be a step toward having him sleep on his own.
Why sleep in the crib when you can stretch out on the bed? Caught Liam in this pose the other day as he was just waking up from a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment