So the Easter "stuff" that comes across so loud here in the United States still seems strange to me. You'd think it wold have worn off after all this time, but it's more pronounced to me now that we have a small person in our home - who is trying to figure out what all this means. And for whom I'd like to create meaningful and fun traditions.
Yesterday he played with the kids next door yesterday. Their dad was hiding toy cars so they could search for them. It seemed to be in preparation for an Easter Egg hunt. Today Liam told me, "We didn't get to egg dying. We had this discussion about the Easter bunny. I don't think it's real, but he [their oldest who's about a year older than Liam] does."
I wish I could have done more to make the week meaningful this year, but I was feeling horrible. I don't like to harp on it, but this whole pregnancy thing is not fun for me and doesn't make life as much fun for the rest of the family. It felt like a pretty big achievement to make it to church. Liam did get to dye eggs with another little girl at church. He also learned how to use colored jelly beans to tell the redemption story.
After church there was the question of lunch. See, I was really unprepared. We thought that Wendy's might be the best option, but it was closed. Liam was devastated. I ducked into Wally World promising him a treat he couldn't get at a restaurant and came out with rotisserie chicken, salad, etc. and....drum roll please.....egg shaped, decorated doughnuts. So it was a memorable day after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment