Sunday, March 16, 2014

Brotherly Love

Devin has been enjoying playing on the floor lately.  He rolls around a lot, so he tends to end up off his play mat.  I added a sheet on the floor but somehow he usually ends up off that too.  He really wants to get "stuff" and there's plenty around for him to get.  We're working on it, but we may need to get some kind of containment system, which we never did for Liam because he was not that interested in being mobile early.  Also because there weren't dangerous "big kid" toys like Legos that might accidentally get left where baby could reach them.  Sometimes the brothers like to play together.  They love each other.







Liam has been painting and coloring a lot lately.  The picture in the background was painted by Liam.  The one in the foreground was colored by me.






 We had frozen berries for lunch.  I forgot to tell Liam to wipe them off his face.






(Writing blog entries is not as fun with a learning-to-read kid looking over ones shoulder and suggesting picture caption ideas.  Just saying.)

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days! Erin was commando crawling by 5 months. She liked to place herself right on top of Caleb's wooden train track. He would often yell "Mummy! Feed her!!!!" Nursing her was the only distraction that worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just picture it! Sounds funny now, but I'm sure it was frustrating then. He's not quite to the army crawl stage yet. Liam was late on gross motor development and Devin is more interested in it, but still not alarmingly so. :-) He seems to be much more interested in toys and getting to things than Liam ever was - with him it was all about language.

      Liam also asks me to feed Devin, but I think it's mostly because I have to take Devin to another room. If I don't he acts like he's going to nurse, then stops to check on what's going on in the room - over and over again. Gets uncomfortable for me. I feel bad for Liam being alone, so I often let him have screen time then.

      Delete