Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Teeth and Such

Sorry I haven't posted here since just after Easter.  I've been in a pretty crummy mood.  Actually, the weather is gradually improving and we're just a month away from the end of school for Liam (yikes!).  Way closer for Allen, but then he teaches a summer session. 

If you haven't checked out my other blog lately I have been writing some there.  You can get an idea of what's been going on in Liam's life, just remember that I call him Lenny and Devin gets called Linus.

Pictures:

 Another creation with Kapla blocks at the library.  Liam had to improvise with this one because someone else was using some of the blocks and this structures used almost all the library had.
 Liam is reading pretty fluently now and can pretty reliably entertain Devin by reading to him.  Current favorites include the Dr. Seuss ABC Book and the animal sounds book.

 Liam and I went to see the high school production of Mary Poppins.  A friend of his from "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" had a leading role.  Liam really enjoyed the performance.  He clapped along to the music and applauded wildly.  He thought the scene where the chimney sweeps dance looked "easy" and decided he could do that part - until they stood on their heads.

 It was a large cast.  Because this was the last performance they brought out the stage crew at the end.  Liam's friend is in the center, though.

 It's finally starting to get nice enough to play outside.  Liam has been wanting to play on his school's playground equipment after school for a while and we have managed it a few days.  He i pretty cautious about climbing, but also determined to do it.
 Dropping down from on high is a big thrill and can also be painful.

 Not much for Devin to do yet.  I'm trying to get used to putting a summer hat on him.  He got sunburned one day in just the time it took us to walk Liam to school and come home.
 I tried a selfie.  I'm pretty sure I don't look anything like this.
 I decided, since it was warm, to give Devin a little practice drinking from a glass.  He was game to try, but doesn't really understand the concept.
It was a good day to get wet.

















Devin will be ten month old tomorrow.  He's still not really crawling, but covers a lot of ground by rolling around.  He does push up with his arms and occasionally attempts "army crawling" but he has to be really motivated - getting to the computer usually does the trick.  He has at least one top tooth that seems to be trying to come through.  He's eating more "table food" now, as well as lots of purees mixed with yogurt.  He really loves Cheerios.

Liam is worried now that his teeth are going to start to come out.  He's heard stories from several of his friends at school about bleeding and pain and wants none of that.  He's also not buying the tooth fairy story although he's willing to pretend and get money.  None of his teeth are actually loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment