Monday, February 10, 2014

When the Weather Gets You Down, Go to the Library

We woke up yesterday to even more snow.  And in the midst of my fretting about who we would shovel another five inches off the driveway and get ready in time for church I started to realize that Allen was sick.  Another cold.  Sigh.  I shoveled and we did not go to church.  Devin had woken before seven (blessedly unusual event) and I was possibly more tired and grouchy than usual.  He took naps OK, but was awake from his second by 2 in the afternoon.  Too early.  So I decided to take Liam to the Legopalooza at the library.  Which started at two.  So we had to hurry to make it to the second half.

 They had some books out showing different Lego creations.  Liam has gotten pretty good at following these types of directions (thanks to Lego sets he's gotten as gifts) so he set out to build a giraffe.  But the library has a fair number of blocks that are knock offs so we had to improvise quite a bit.  Still, I think the idea comes across.
 We didn't have much time for a second project, but Liam really wanted to do one.  I might have....helped a little.
 He made a second name tag while I, um put a few finishing touches on.  The library displays the finished products, which is just the kind of fame Liam craves.  He's getting really good at writing his name, right?
 He really didn't want to leave right away so although I was determined only to be away for about an hour we managed a little Kapla block building. 
Devin was OK hanging out with his dad while we were gone but by supper time he was completely worn out.  He snoozed on Allen's lap during the meal, then sacked out on the bed while I helped Liam get ready for bed.  Allen might have dozed a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment