The following pictures were taken to demonstrate specific "faces." Unfortunately I didn't take notes as to which faces are what.
Here's a few of him playing with a frisbee in the yard. Not the very stylish sleeveless shirt and sweats look that he picked out himself. He has two sleeveless shirts now. He wore one of them on the Fourth and told me that sleeveless shirts were good for me, but not for him since he has no place to wipe his snot. Feel free to imagine my repressed maniacal villain Mommy laugh here.
Nailed the action shot. He's getting pretty good with a disk. I was pretty frustrated when I first tried to teach him because he has the same tendency I do to get things exactly backwards. But he eventually got the idea of the backhand throw and even mostly remembers that the disk will go in the direction his hand is pointing when he lets go of it.
Sticks are also very important to Liam. He managed to combine the disk throwing and sticks by aiming at a stick, but this caused problems when throwing in the direction of the stick also meant throwing at - and hitting - me. The tree ended up being a better target and he ended up developing a "Calvin Ball" type system of points.
This picture and the next were posed. He thought that the second one was cooler.
The series that follows were taken after Liam climbed into the sandbox lid to get some toys out. First he thought he would take a nap in the lid, then he decided he was stuck and needed me to help him get out. I offered to take pictures of him while he did it - so that he could prove to himself that he actually could do it.
Success! In general it seems that I have been such a poor companion lately that Liam actually cried when Allen was leaving for the office yesterday. But spending some time outside - with me mostly sitting in a lawn chair - was enough to turn me into "the best" playmate. The upside for me was that, to my amazement, I didn't hear one person mowing the whole time we were outside. That's really saying something with all the postage-sized yards we have around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment