Monday, July 15, 2013

Devin Isaiah - Two Weeks Early

Last Sunday I woke up and realized that my labor was starting - slowly.  Thankfully we had been getting ready in advance, but I thought I had two more weeks and some preparations had not been made.  Allen and Liam went to church and I finished packing the hospital bag.  We got a few last minute pictures for posterity.


 Last belly picture.  Not a glamor shot - I picked the outfit for comfort since I figured we'd be headed to the hospital soon.


Liam got to spend the afternoon with our friend Mary from church.  He did stop by before we left for the hospital though.  I wanted to say goodbye and make sure he understood - as much as possible - what was happening.  I told him Grammy and Grandpa would be there when he got home and Mommy and Daddy would most likely be at the hospital.  I thought we might be back home, but he made it clear he would rather we weren't so he could be alone with Grammy and Grandpa.  Seems grandparents can spoil better with no parents to intervene!


One last shot as a family of three.  I realized yesterday we still don't have our first "family of four" shot.  Need to get that today.


Clearly lots happened in between that picture and this one.  This is eleven minutes after Devin Isaiah was born.  It was at 11:45 Monday morning.  He weighed six pounds three ounces and was 18 3/4 inches long.  He was born with lots of energy and breastfed within an hour of his birth.  Because it had been so long between when my water broke and when he came out they started taking his blood right away, but we did get a few tender moments.


Allen worked some Daddy magic while I took a shower.


 Liam was pretty happy about meeting his baby brother.


He even got to hold him with Grammy's help.


He doesn't mind mugging for the cameras.


A few beauty shots of the boy.  I like how the ones on Mom and Dad's camera came out better, but I still need to get those from Mom.



A Liam-eye view.


 Devin finally got dressed.  We didn't have the hospital staff bathe him right away and with everything else going on he spent his first few hours "wrapped in cloths."


By the second night he was alert and ready to give his impressions of the world so far.  Seemed more or less favorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment