Friday, July 19, 2013

Pictures That Will Help Us Remember

I realize that we didn't get many pictures of my dad while he was here in the week after we got home from the hospital.  He was a great help with dishes, laundry, holding the baby and spending lots of time with Liam.  He took some great pictures of Liam at a car show and the local city pool.  Here are a few.





Crazy cars, right!  Liam and I went a different year and I can tell you that sun really glares on Main Street!




One highlight from the pool was that Liam and Grandpa tried to get on an inner tube together and it tipped over, landing them both under water.  Since Liam has only rarely been to swimming pools he was a little nervous, but got more adventurous as time went on.  They stayed until the pool closed and Liam was surprised to see that they didn't drain it like we always do at home.  I told him that since they have a fence it's safe for them to leave the water in the pool.  I wish we could make visits to this pool a regular on our activity list, but I can't handle the chlorine.

Meanwhile, we are all learning about being a family of four.  Devin, of course, is concentrating on the eating, sleeping, crying and pooping part.  Sometimes, though, he is wide awake and wants to look around and loves eye contact and being talked to.



Liam loves his little brother.  He wants to hold and snuggle with him and does a good job of being gentle.  He puts up with the crying pretty well.  He says it's OK if our baby cries, but he still doesn't like it if other babies cry.  And if he knows Devin's about to get upset (like when it's time to change his diaper) he leaves the room.


 When Devin was a week old we still hadn't gotten a picture of the four of us together.  This was about the best shot we could get. 


I wanted to try to get some beauty shots of Devin, but the camera wasn't doing what I wanted it to.  I love it when he puts his hand under his face like that.  So sweet.


Liam caught me snapping pics and wanted to get in on the action.  Devin didn't actually appreciate the attention.


Allen got a cold about three days after we got home from the hospital.  He's been slogging through it, but sometimes it requires some creative solutions.


Grammy came on Wednesday and got in some quality time with both the boys.  She brought Devin's special quilt, which I'll have to post pictures of at a different time.


Well, here's one great shot of Grandpa - and Grammy, with both the boys.


And we finally got a better one of the four of us.  But not without more than a few that looked like the one below.




No comments:

Post a Comment