Thanks so much to those who have been praying for our health. My throat feels better today and although Allen continues to feel very tired he hasn't "come down" with anything.
Sometimes I wish more people were on Facebook so thanking them publicly would be easier for me. Mostly, though, they are people who are busy doing the "stuff" of life and not so interested in the arrangement of ones, zeros and pixels. It's not just an expression - I really hope God will bless them for using their energy to bless me so much. Today I'm particularly thankful to my friend Jing who has been coming over to our house three or so times a week and cooking meals for us. And then acting like she's the lucky one because she gets to see my beautiful baby growing and hold him a little. Also our friend Cathy who came over on short notice and mowed our yard - including doing edging. As a warning, when people say "If you need anything, call" I sometimes take them seriously!
Then of course there's my sweet husband Allen who has been taking care of Liam, doing dishes and laundry, grocery shopping, helping with the baby....Oh and he does actually have a paying job that he needs to do some times. Today he took Liam shopping for shoes - without me reminding him that it needed to be done. I hope it's not an un-PC thing to say, but he's turning into a great mom.
So the house smells like sweetcorn from the farm. And although I still haven't gotten my appetite back I have been managing to eat enough to make plenty of milk for my baby. I must be because I keep changing poopy diapers and throwing away nursing pads that are full of milk. (They actually make little bags especially designed for catching breast milk as it leaks out, but if I got those I'd have to get bottles and teach my baby to drink from them.) And on the whole, although I tend to be a glass-half-empty kind of person I can see that God is sending blessings my way and today I'm thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment