Liam has plenty of opinions, although in his mind they are cleverly disguised as facts. He believes that when you are talking about "poop" it's more polite to say "poo" than poop. When he filled me in on this one (and he actually did say "I think" when he said it) I couldn't decide if it was an appropriate time to introduce words like "feces" or "stool" so I just let it go. I could honestly say that I don't know which term is more polite.
He also believed that granola was a "silly" and "not very nutritious" thing for me to have eaten for supper (as opposed to the super nutritious frozen pizza I fed him) and that a frozen dinner (which I usually eat when I make pizza for the guys) would have been easier. I added pecans and extra raisins. But I didn't argue with him on the nutritious part, just which one was easier.
Today was pretty much all about finding the easiest way to get through. I discovered that Liam really loves veggie flavored cream cheese. Putting that on Triscuits helped me to feel better about the fact that the rest of his lunch consisted of an entire 10 oz container of cherry tomatoes and a fruit bar.
Yesterday I found out that Liam believes that when someone near you (your child, for example) becomes king it is not enough to just put the word "royal" in front of everything. You also need to use a "royal" voice. He even very helpfully demonstrated this voice. He would have rather sat on his royal throne (read swing) in his royal palace and eat his (pretend) royal lunch than go inside (where I guess he wasn't really the king - maybe the deck was his whole realm?) and eat real food. I'm afraid I wasn't very cooperative. Although I appreciated the game I had already taken him to his parent/teacher conference and spent some time outside trying to repair a flower bed that was decimated by a rose disease last year. Not really up to finding my royal voice. When we got inside he showed me a picture of him wearing royal clothes at preschool - complete with royal shoes. So I guess he'd actually done some research on that one.
Working on that flower bed may have been a big mistake actually. I woke up very sore at about 3:30 last night and couldn't get back to sleep for a LONG time despite taking pain killers. Today was another one of those grit your teeth and survive the exhaustion type of days. It's MY opinion that landscaping is HIGHLY overrated. I really don't care about that bed. But it's right next to the neighbor's driveway and they spend a lot of time out there. I feel bad about leaving it with the landscaping cloth sticking out and weeds growing through. I have a strong feeling that they are watching it, waiting for the weeds to spread into their carefully tended beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment