Yesterday we went to the library. We got there just as story hour for babies and toddlers was finishing, so Liam got to play with some other kids his age. He actually played with one of those toys where you move wooden beads along a wire with another boy for a while and neither of them protested. They weren't actually looking at each other or talking, but you could say they were playing together. He also tried to make friends with another little girl, but she wasn't too interested. She was definitely not impressed when Liam tried to show her where her nose was.
The reason I wanted to go to the library is that Liam is on such a "story" kick. I love reading him stories, but we don't have very many and my tolerance for repeating the same story is lower than Liam's. He was so excited to see so many books. When he saw them all he said "duh duh" which is his word for story right now. I told him, "Yes, this is where the stories live." He spent a long time taking board books out of a little cart and piling them up on a couch.
The only tricky part was when I wanted to look at some of the "big kid's" books. They don't have "Cat in the Hat" in a board book, unfortunately. Liam could not understand why I wouldn't let him pull all the books off the shelf the same way I had let him take the board books out of the cart. I finally put him in his stroller, but as long as he could reach a shelf he was determined to pull books out. I eventually found some of the books I was looking for, thankfully.
We rode to the library with Allen and then walked home with Liam in the stroller. By then the sun was shining and it was pretty nice out. We saw a poodle on the way home that was rather startled by the stroller.
I didn't get any pictures of us at the library. But here's one of another one of Liam's favorite activities: making faces with Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment