I didn't manage to get Devin to take a nap while Liam was at school. We've been needing some stuff from the everything-for-cheep store so I decided to take the boys there after school. I was hoping Devin would sleep a little in his car seat, which he did. Liam was devastated that the store was completely out of child-sized snow shovels. Then he was upset that he wouldn't get to brush snow off a car with our new snow brushes that day. I decided not to mention the spool knitting loom I got for him in case that also turned out to be a disappointment.
Devin fell asleep before Allen left for curling which made getting Liam to bed tricky, but we worked it out. Then Devin woke up crying and cried for about 45 minutes. By which time the infant's Motrin had kicked in. Then he was just awake and somewhat fussy. I think he fell asleep around eleven. Then he actually went for five hours without nursing. He did wake up a few times but I was able to get him back to sleep pretty quickly. I think it was more restful for me than all the nursing he usually does.
I took this picture during the cry-a-thon. He generally calmed down when he saw the camera. I took some more pictures today because he was still fussy - obviously tired but not falling asleep.
The knitting loom has actually been a big hit so far. Liam is getting the hang of it, really enjoys it and gets a good sense of accomplishment from what he's doing.
Also pictured is a dot-to-dot book which he seems to have inhereted from his dad. The pages are a little fragile, but he's enjoying the pictures.
Lastly, I keep trying to get our camera to take pictures with the background blurred. I have not been able to do it with the manual setting at all reliably, so I tried another setting tonight and got closer. Here's an example.
you probably already know to change the aperture to the lowest setting (and you can change the dial to the Av setting to do this, or do it from the manual settings depending on how fancy your camera) so your depth of field is very shallow to get those photos. The last one here is quite nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I just figured out that the AV setting works better than the manual one. Not sure how I missed this before. I've been trying the manual and I can rarely get it to work. This one was done with indoor lighting at night so I was pretty happy that it turned out.
ReplyDelete