Well I printed out the blog today at the library. I just copied and pasted the content into a Word document and it came to 68 pages. I decided to print it in black and white since it costs 10 cents a page rather than the 25 cents per for color. Maybe I can find cheaper color printing somewhere else and also deal with some of the formatting issues I didn't bother to try to fix today.
The library was pretty deserted most of the time we were there today. It probably helped that we arrived right around lunch time. Since we got a late start to the day I had grabbed enough stuff for an impromptu picnic. I thought we could have it in the little area outside the story room at the library, but it turns out that room is getting a pretty major face-lift at the moment - new paint on the walls and carpeting. I wasn't too excited about hanging around outside it, so eventually we moved to the front of the library. Which was nice until some smokers came along. We ended up on a grassy spot on the other side of the library that had just the right amount of shade.
Later there were a couple of babies in the children's area. Liam tried to play with one of them by offering her a plastic pig, but she started to cry, which really upset him. The baby was comforted long before he was. He really hates it when babies cry. I'm hoping he gets used to it pretty quickly come July.
By the time I got done with all the printing (started with printing pictures for my coming and much discussed haircut) Liam was a little squirrely. He had patiently twirled on a computer chair, drawn pictures on the misprints, done puzzles and looked at a book about Hotwheels cars while he waited, but by the time we were checking out he was running circles around the display units while pulling the rolling suit case we take to put books into. When I asked him to bring it over he plopped it down and it hit my ankle. I started to comment about his behavior, but got distracted. He finished my thought by asking "Am I getting a little ambuctious?" Yes exactly. Ambuctious.
Now we're home and I should be dealing with dishes in the kitchen, but decided to do a little computering on the back deck so Liam could play. Instead of appreciating this he naturally had a meltdown because none of the neighbor kids could play and his swing was too hot to sit in. I could have gotten up and played with him. That probably would have solved the problem, but my back hurts and I don't want to. Eventually he became convinced that there must be something funner to do than cry and started playing in his sand - apparently happy. Just another day in the life, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment