Sunday, August 25, 2013

Going with the Flow

I've been telling Liam lately that he needs to "go with the flow" instead of trying to control everything that is happening around him.  After all, when we try to make life line up with certain plans or expectations on our part we are often disappointed and sometimes lose out on opportunities to enjoy what is actually happening.

Well today Mom and Dad ended up nearby and we decided to "go with the flow" and go see them after church.  We met up with them at "GG" (Great Grandma)'s house.  (Wait, is that grammar correct?  Who cares.)  We hung out on the back deck for a while since the day was beautiful and, to be honest with you, I'm allergic to the cat.  Anyways, it gave Liam a chance to work off some extra energy also.


I got the camera setting messed up a little on this shot, but here's GG with Devin.


Grammy did the work of getting the fussy boy settled down.


Liam and Grandpa checked out the shed in the yard.  Liam was very excited that he got to help Grandpa carry some wood.


Hey look!  I got the camera to focus on the foreground and blur the background.  It was a fluke though.  I've been trying to get shots like this using the manual settings, but I'm pretty sure I had it on one of the automatic settings for this one.


I kept trying to get a shot of these three together, but somebody kept making a funny face.  It wasn't always Devin.


It took him a while to settle down.


Meanwhile, Liam finally ate his lunch.  He didn't want any right after church.  Possibly too many snacks at church.  All of this would have been much more enjoyable for Allen if he hadn't had a major back spasm just as we were getting ready to leave our house.  He valiantly made the drive anyway and had a chance to relax a little.


Sleeping baby, resting Grammy.


How do you like that angle?  Aunt Kitty stopped by to drop off Granny.  By this time Devin did not want to wake up.


Granny did her best to wake him.


And she gave him lots of lovin'.


While Liam played the drum.


And last but not least I got a few beauty shots with Grandpa since I didn't get many when he was here after Devin was born.


On the way home Liam counted 89 semi trucks.  He said we should write it down.

Still no dairy today.  It's hard to tell if it's making a big difference for Devin yet.  He nursed to sleep a little while ago which I thought was a good sign since sometimes lately he's been too fussy to do even that.  But then he woke up crying and when I tried to nurse him he was too uncomfortable.  Got him to burp and he fell back asleep pretty fast though.  I know I said I was hoping for improvement in my last post, but I realize now I'm almost afraid to hope.

Tomorrow is Liam's first real day of kindergarten, so hopefully we can get some good pictures and some news about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment